- Ordered Pair or Coordinate - this is a point on the coordinate graph designated by a value of x (horizontal) and a value of y (vertical). They are always ordered alphabetically (x,y)
- Quadrant - one of four sections on the coordinate plane created by the intersection of the x and y axis. Quadrant I is the section where both the x and y are positive. We go counter clockwise to name the remaining three quadrants.
- Origin - (0,0) on the coordinate graph. This is the point where the x axis crosses the y axis.
- x-axis - horizontal number line
- y- axis - vertical number line
image from www.math.com